Happy St. Patrick's Day!!
Happy Selection Sunday!!
I have been working on this recipe for quite some time and I am super excited about it! Ohh it is delicious too!! This is coming from someone who isn't even a big alcohol drinker (I bought the stuff for the recipe and then gave the rest of it away, because I probably will never use it! Haha.). This cupcake is extremely rich! I could barely make it through the entire cupcake. A definite "hit" at all of your St. Patty's Day parties!
1 box Duncan Hines Devil's Food Cake Mix
2 small boxes Chocolate Pudding Mix
3 lg Eggs
1/3 C Vegetable Oil
15oz Guinness Stout
Jameson Chocolate Ganache:
4oz Bittersweet Baking Chocolate (70% cocoa), finely chopped
1/2 C Heavy Cream
1 Tbsp Butter, room temperature
3 Tbsp Jameson Irish Whiskey
Bailey's Buttercream Frosting:
1 C (2 sticks) Butter, room temperature
3 C Powdered Sugar, sifted
2 Tsp Vanilla
4 Tbsp Bailey's Irish Creme
1. Preheat oven to 350. Place cupcake papers in cupcake tins.
2. In a large mixing bowl, combine cake mix, pudding mixes, eggs, oil, and Guinness. Blend on med-high for 2 mins. Pour batter into cupcake papers. Bake 18-21 mins. Allow to cool completely.
3. In a medium bowl, place bittersweet chocolate and 1 Tbsp butter. In a medium sauce pan, bring heavy cream to a boil. Remove immediately and pour over chocolate and butter. Do not touch for 2 mins. After 2 mins, stir until smoothy and glossy. Add whiskey and stir until completely blended. Put ganache in refrigerator for 5 mins before icing cupcakes.
4. In a large mixing bowl, combine 1 C butter, powdered sugar, and vanilla. Cream on med-high for 2-4 mins. Add Bailey's Irish cream. Cream for another minute. Put buttercream frosting in a piping bag and pipe onto cupcakes.
5. Finish with green sprinkles. Enjoy these "magically delicious" treats!
For other St. Patrick's Day treats, see below: